Saturday, October 25, 2014

To Kiddo




I never realized how gratifying it is to see your child growing up. It feels like life is on fast forward, times 20, but seeing Kiddo blossom into this amazing young woman, full of opinions, whimsy, talent, music and wit just makes me melt. She defends her friends, young and old, with all her being, stands up for what she believes in, does the right thing even when it's hard, and takes on new challenges, even when they scare her.

The deep, warm feeling of pride and satisfaction grows a tiny bit in my belly each day. I can't take credit for a good 80-90% of this person-hood of hers, since that has all been there from day one. I am so thankful we are blessed to be the ones guiding her through the rocky roads of adolescence (and ROCKY they are!), and so very proud she is part of our family.

Kiddo, you are incredible, and many more things that I can't get into words right now. It's suddenly very dusty here at my laptop.



1 comment:

  1. rocky for sure but oh so worth it. (Or at least that is what I keep telling myself.lol) Love reading your thoughts girly!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind, fiercely!