Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blitz, of sewing proportions

This weekend has been a whirlwind of thread, whirring machines, snipping, fabric and ironing!! TONS of it, so much so that at the end of last night, I simply spaced on the proper proportions for a Little Bean I was making, and the poor thing...well...

Let's just say that one will be in the Bargain Beans when the shop opens back up. It's functional, but it's sad, and doesn't look like a Little Bean at all! :) Today I worked on a few more bags, and my mojo really seems to have walked out the door. I have a handful that have turned out the way I wanted, but others that are being tossed into a "misfit" pile, because they simply aren't working for me.

So, I gave myself permission to take a break, took an hour long bath, and am now blogging from bed at 8:15 at night.
I FEEL SO GUILTY ABOUT THIS
There are plenty of things left to do, but I was just wasting time, fabric, etc trying to accomplish them today. That was made clear to me by the resulting bags!!

Do you ever feel weighed down by your to-do list? Guilty because you pause to do something that's not on the list? The few times I don't feel guilty are when I'm snuggling Little M, and even then, if I glimpse the sewing station....well my mind starts jumping to the thoughts of what I could be doing with that time to make it productive. It's like my mind doesn't want to believe that spending time with my daughter, the most important thing I could ever do, is productive.

Sometimes this broken brain of mine really gets on my nerves, and then I have to go take a bath to make it shut up. *grin*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, fiercely!