Thursday, August 13, 2009

6 Things That Make Me Happy


I was tagged by the lovely Kenia over at Diarios de Filosofia  for this fun little item:

6 Things That Make Me Happy

  1. Family- My family is my stronghold, my safe place, and my happy place. With game nights, get togethers, impromptu activities, and just relaxing around the house, family brings peace to my life.
  2. Friends- probably a cliche that family and friends are top two on my list, but it’s true! My friends are such wonderful loving people (see miss E over at notAnotherPrincess if you don’t believe me), I’ve recently made some wonderful new friends at my local knitting group, still get to see friends from childhood, and various avenues of life. It’s amazing to me how different friends fill different spaces of your life. It’s like those childrens’ toys that have various shaped holes, and only the pegs shaped like that will fit. This is how the puzzle of my life feels to me when I think of the friends I have, and their greatly varied personalities, backgrounds, and interests.
  3. Yarn- Now, this may come as a surprise to you…but yarn does make me happy. I don’t have to own it for it to do so, either. The experience of yarn is incredible to me. The feel of it, the weight of it, the colors! OH MAN THE COLORS…and the smell. The wooly smell of sheep combined with the smell of the dye or the vinegar that sets the dye…oh man. Then, you have the various fibers - alpaca smells heavenly itself…bison…silk. Have you ever smelled silk!? It SMELLS luxurious. Yarn makes me happy.
  4. Being alone - I know this contradicts the whole “Friends and family” thing up there…but I need time to myself on a regular, if not daily, basis. With 5 of us in one house, a girl who loves to try everything, and a very social husband, I don’t get this as often as I would like. But when I do, I savor it.
  5. Books - Books have always been a part of my life, I have ALWAYS loved to read, and when I open a book, I’m sucked in. I’m emotionally involved in the character’s lives, thier choices, and though sometimes I can predict what will happen, I often hope against hope that it won’t. I love books, especially ones with unexpected twists, turns, or life choices by characters that up until that point, have continuously let me down. Books are filled with imagination and possibility, and that will never change.
  6. Fresh sheets - this might sound odd, but the feel and smell (I think smell is a big thing for me..I always notice it!) of freshly laundered sheets is just so relaxing, so cozy, so yummy. I LOVE it, and when we change the sheets on Saturdays, I can’t WAIT to snuggle down into it and take a deep breath of the clean smell!
So, what about YOU dear reader? What makes you happy? If you post, please leave a comment with a link, we’d love to see it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, fiercely!