Meanbean’s Easy Peasy 2 Hour Tea Cosy for a small teapot
- Size 13 US needles
- approx. 1/3 skein of Malabrigo Worsted
- Yarn needle
- Optional- crochet hook
- Holding yarn doubled, Cast on 20 stitches.
- Knit in SS until desired length. Mine was made for a 2 cup teapot, so I knit until it was about 20 inches long.
- Bind off.
- Fold in half, so cast on and bind off edges meet. Sew together using your favorite method. For me, I decided to single crochet it together. I left the bottom, large opening, and crocheted the short side and the top.
- I also then did a round of single crochet around the edge of the opening to help it lie more nicely. This, for the record, didn’t work, but a light blocking did. Then, as you can see in the above picture, blocking was just silly, because it kind of collapses down onto itself anyway.
The handy thing about this cosy, aside from being thick and keeping your pot warm for nearly an hour, is that it works well as a mitt when the handle of your tea pot is too hot to touch, from being under your awesome new cozy See?
Enjoy, and may all your teas be delicious and hot!