Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Big news!

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

You guys, come here. No really, come closer.

I just talked to my sister in Belarus. You might remember how I kind of freaked out when I found out she was getting married, and during the time leading up to my 12 day trip to Belarus to be with her.

We've talked many times since I've come back from the big trip, and it's always incredible, heartwarming and heartbreaking to talk to her. My heart aches with a physical pain because we're so far away from each other. We are literally as sisters, with an unbreakable bond, and one that pulls me to run away and jump on a plane right now to go see her, irrational as that is.

While I was over there, my dad and I had talked to her about possibly coming to the US again, this time with her new hubby, and my family joining hers to go to Disney World. We all of course thought it was a great idea, but we were all high on the adrenaline of being there.

Today, no such high. Today we talked about it. Today, I called Matt and told him she said, and I quote "we'll do anything to make it happen" for them to come in 2 years. In 2 years, kiddo will be 10, and it will be a perfect time to go.

We are officially starting to budget, plan, arrange things with my dad (he has a timeshare down there), make sure my dad is coming with us, etc. It's just not fathomable to have them stateside, and my dad NOT get to see them.

This is really happening! 2 years later, rather than TEN! In the grand scheme of my life, that's right around the corner. HOLY SMOKES, I'm ready to jump out of my skin. AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, fiercely!