Saturday, November 21, 2009

Getting Ready


Yesterday was my birthday, and we were heading over to Bullwinkle's Family Fun Center to party it up with some friends and family. I'm not a dressy girl, I knew it was an arcade, so I wasn't about to "dress up" for it, but still...it's a special day, so I figured I'd doll up my hair.

I tend to change my hair often, but one thing that has remained a constant for me is that my hair will take a curl like a sponge takes water. In the 80's this was "cool" with perms, etc. Now, it's great with hot rollers, and until I find that someone can give me a perm that gives me the same result as hot rollers, I'm sticking with them :)

So, I rolled my hair, pinned and clipped a little, and hairsprayed the heck out of it.

And then the camera came out.

DSC_0757

DSC_0758
This style remained during Go-Karts, bumper boats, mini-golf, and rain. We also played lots of arcade games, and Laser Tag...in which we got hot and sweaty. My hair remained killer.

In the party preparations, Little M also curled her hair, but her hair takes curl like cats take to water....poor thing.
DSC_0754

So we mollified her with painted nails, and she didn't care once we were livin' it up at the arcade.

DSC_0747

Another post to come, with party pictures, my dad trying to smother me, and one of my BFFs skiing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, fiercely!