Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Well, ok then

Saturday night, I was destined for a lovely date with my father to the Oregon Ballet Theatre's performance of Mendelsson's A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Saturday evening, I was gradually getting ready.

I curled my limp hair.

I put makeup on my blotchy face.

I attempted to style my limp, semi-curly hair. 5 times.

Bobby pins and hairspray rendered it somewhat acceptable, but in no way "WHOA GIRL" like I wanted.

I put on a cute 50's style dress we found this winter.

I zipped it up. I had Matt zip it up. 5 full minutes, grunting and sweating later....it was zipped...and I was gasping for breath.

We acknowledged that little adventure was fun, and undid all that hard work with one unzip.
I didn't have a backup outfit....so threw together some pants and a silk top.

Neither fit me well, but the top drapes enough to hide the muffin top from the uncomfortably too small pants.

What I would like to know is...WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

Basically none of my clothes fit all of a sudden. And so...I am now on a mission. I happen to like the clothes I have, and I am NOT happy to be growing....and so action is about to be taken.
  • Food - healthy and small portions. Lots of veggies and fruits, and color
  • Activity - going to the gym daily, even if I have to pay to take M with me for an hour or two.
  • Goal - be happy in my clothes again, and be happy with what I see in the mirror.

also? Hair - listen up...you better shape up. You used to be amazing and pretty much always did what I wanted...I don't know why you've given up on life, but I haven't given up on you, and I WILL kick your butt into gear. Get with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, fiercely!