Friday, June 11, 2010

Dancing in the moonlight


Sewing is one of those things that I find incredibly relaxing, freeing, and rewarding. Yet, somehow I manage to forget that it makes me feel that way when I haven't done it for a while. With the big Super Secret Project (SSP), I have been doing a ton of prep work, and no actual sewing.

Last night I got the bug, and after knocking out some more SSP Prep Work, I got out the machine. I've had some curtains in the queue for a while that I'm working on for my grandma, and I've REALLY taken my time with them. to the point that it's been about a year since I started, and there's really no excuse for that except that sometimes I get lazy!

After a few false starts with extension cords not wanting to work with my sewing machine, we were in business! Working out in the living room is really nice when doing something large scale, because I have a lot more room, and I can be with my family while I work. I was able to knock out one more large curtain panel, and just have two smaller ones left, that I should be able to do tonight. She's so excited that they're finally getting done!!
My hope is to begin alternating the SSP work with Etsy shop work, so I can start providing you all with cuteness and storage again. I have some ideas brewing for some new products, and hope to introduce them sometime in early 2011.

Thank you all for your support, your patronage, and your lovely comments here on the blog. I love hearing from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, fiercely!