Monday, April 26, 2010

Forgive those who have hurt you - Les Brown

I know I should. It's not even something that was done to me personally, but it hurts nonetheless.

This is so hard to write about, and I'm not going to go into specifics. The people who are involved know the story, there's no need to share it with the world. Suffice it to say, when you make a decision, you affect more people than you realize. Sometimes, those decisions are ones that end up being something you can never undo, and end up regretting. This weekend was one of those, a decision made by someone else, that had an enormous ripple effect. I personally am not touched by this decision, in that I am not directly affected. Yet, my heart broke when I heard. It broke again this weekend as I saw the hurt and pain around me that resulted from this decision.

When you have someone in your life that you keep meaning to see, to call, to email, yet you never seem to find the time...MAKE the time. You never know when you lose that chance, that last connection to a loved one, distant or not. Living with the regret of missed opportunity is more painful than words can describe. I do believe I will meet this person again one day, and I pray that before that day, I will have forgiven the hurts I have felt, and that he will have forgiven me for my neglect.

My heart hurts, my eyes are wet again, but I feel a little better having put this out there. I hope you will heed my words, and I pray that I will take my own advice. Even having grown apart from someone, you can still stay connected, even with a short "happy birthday" call, a quick email, or a happy card in the mail. Reach out, let the people in your life know that you care about them, regardless of the distance (physical or emotional) between you.

I pray that I can forgive those who have hurt me, and more so, who have hurt those I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, fiercely!