Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect when taken in too large quantities - Lord Dunsany

This weekend, Matt and I found ourselves in downtown Portland, meeting a cousin from Las Vegas for dinner. He was only in town until Monday morning, so this was our only chance to spend time with him. We met at the amazing Kell's Pub, where a group of musicians had randomly gathered and were playing amazing Irish music.
 

We had a lovely dinner, and capped it off with some fun desserts. Our cousin chose a Guinness chocolate cake, which he said was alright, but wasn't AMAZING like he'd expected. Matt and I ordered the Chimney Sweep, which is vanilla ice cream, a shot of whiskey scotch poured over it, and espresso sprinkled on top.

Let me just say, I'd already been drinking, but it's been a LONG time since this girl and whiskey met up. I couldn't take more than a few bites, the BITE that whiskey hits me with was just too strong. I
could pound a shot, but sipping it with my ice cream just wasn't happening.
 

Fast forward to today. I often randomly take off my rings, and have to take them off when I wash my hands because I have crazy sensitive skin. They virtually live in my pocket. I pulled out my wedding ring to put it on again and realized it was sticky. What on earth!?

Then I remembered. I had trouble getting the spoon filled with ice cream and whiskey to my mouth without making a complete mess. I ended up having to take off my rings because it was dripping all over my hand.
 

Wine, whiskey and this girl = one big mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, fiercely!