Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another one bites the dust

So...I've hinted here and there about something big coming up, involved travel, and my need for a passport.
 
 
Dudes...my girl from Belarus is GETTING MARRIED!!! Long story short (because I have yet to write out the whole story here), 2 student exchanges and my wedding later, she and I are good friends, and basically consider each other sisters, as we're both only children. She announced earlier this year she's getting married, and that it just wouldn't be complete without my attendance. All together now...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!



But, I know how she feels. My wedding would have been seriously lacking if she'd not been able to come over for it.
 
As you may have seen, I'm working on a list of 101 in 1001, and once she invited me, "go back to Belarus" went on the list. so did "purchase tickets to go to Belarus", because a trip really isn't ever -real- until you have tickets.

You guys...

I have tickets.



My father is a genius.
 
See, the thing is, a trip to Belarus from the US is anywhere for $1500-$3000 USD. Now, I'm your average Jane with a day job and a bad spending habit or two. $1500 isn't just sitting around in my life, waiting for that perfect opportunity to be spent! HA!


Talking with my father, he offered me his Frequent Flier Miles, and all I had to do was purchase the remainder of the miles to make mine a full ticket. I still have to get a ticket to get from Amsterdam to Minsk, Belarus, BUT....I officially have tickets to get myself into Europe!!!

So...I have a $1900 ticket, roughly...and it was less than $500! This is such an amazing life saver...now I can afford a few souvenirs while I"m there!



So, prepare yourselves. I'm taking my digital camera, and I know how to use it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, fiercely!