Thursday, July 1, 2010

5 Things Thursday

Ok, trying yet another "feature" - 5 Things Thursday. For this, the rules are simple. List 5 things you like/love about yourself. It can be cheesy and superficial (I love my sexy eyes), it can be deep and thoughtful (I love the compassion within me), or any mix of them. So many of us women have serious self-esteem issues. Think about it, if a stranger came up to you right now and said "quick! 3 things that make you awesome!?" What would you say?
The sad thing is, many women and girls would struggle to come up with just one reason they're amazing. They don't realize that just being themselves makes them incredible, unique and beautiful.
My 5 things:
  1. I love my natural red hair - I didn't when I was a kid, but as an adult, being a redhead is pretty wicked.
  2. I love the tears that well up for me when I see something especially sentimental, sweet and touching. I don't like others to see it (a weakness that I'm working on), but I love that something can touch me so deeply.
  3. I like that I'm empathetic, and can tune in rather sharply to others' emotions. I don't always like it, but overall I think it can be a wonderful thing to allow me to see how I can help the person I'm with.
  4. I love that my family loves me just as I am
  5. I love that I can be wacky and stupid silly with the people I love - and while they laugh, they join me.
Now, little beans, what makes YOU so incredible?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, fiercely!