Monday, March 26, 2012

Hey, what's that?

Ever since I was a teenager or so, I've wanted a tattoo. I've always been fascinated with them, the artistry behind them, and why people choose the ones they do. But, I have always come up against the Wall of Indecision. For a long while, I originally wanted trailing ivy starting at my toes, winding up my foot, around my ankle and up my leg. But, I wasn't 100% on it, and I didn't feel a drive to go pay someone to stick needles in my foot for a few hours.


A few years after that thought had passed, I saw a 40 something woman with a very, very similar tattoo on tanned, not so stellar legs, and...well...I won't be getting one of those. It doesn't appear to age well at all.

Fast forward to 2009 - now, everything in my life felt like it was crumbling around me. Long story short, I leaned on God and my support network of family and friends more than I ever have. My faith grew deeper, and along the way, I realized that I want and need a physical reminder that He is always watching over me. Basically, I'm not in this alone.

I Googled for Bible verses that had to do with God always being with us, etc. I ended up finding a verse that said something to the effect of "Fear not, I am with you."

I emailed Matt, the designer man who happens to rock my socks when I say something like "hey I have this super vague idea, can you make it awesome?" and he makes it 99 different ways of awesome. I sent him the verse, said I want a tattoo having to do with that, but not just the text.

He came up with an amazing concept of it, and I set a consultation with Tanya over at Above The Pearl. Wednesday of this week was my appointment with her to go over what we'd be doing. She's so awesome, laid back and professional at the same time. We ended up having to rearrange the elements, and tweak just a tad to make it work where I want it.

Tanya is in seriously high demand, and May 28th is when I'll actually get the ink done. I'm very excited, but I figure I waited till I was nearly 30 to finally decide on one, I can wait a couple more months to have it done.

In the meantime, I'm going around with a Sharpie "mock up" if you will, a general outline of about what it'll look like, so I'm positive of placement, etc.


I just love it, and I can't WAIT to actually get it done and permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, fiercely!