Monday, January 7, 2013

2012 Look Back

Hoo boy, what a crazy couple of months! 2012 was quite a year, so let's see a little recap of what all went on my neck of the woods:

January: Not much went on, I was preparing for the upcoming Timbers season, trying to find the perfect outfit to wear to the games, and survive the dark winter months. Depression has its claws pretty deep this time of year.



February: More season preparation, some Valentine's Day fun with Matt and the kid, and a tiny bit of sunshine before the March rains began.



March: The MLS season begins! I posted mostly about soccer, and since I wasn't paying close attention when migrating blog posts over from Wordpress, most of the pictures are gone :( I'll see if I can fix that soon.



April: I get inspired to start running, try a race or two, and see where it takes me. Turns out, I LOVE adventure racing!



May: I reminisced about my impulsiveness that tends to lead to not-so-great situations. In this one, I was lucky.



June: My dad and I competed against Matt and his dad in a Cityscape Adventure race, which is like a small-scale version of the Amazing Race. We didn't beat them, not by a long shot, but we had a blast!



July: This month I tried to run my first 5k. I walked one in March, and decided I need to run...I like going fast! So, one of the hottest months of the year is a good time to do a 5k mud run, yes? Yes.



August: August was a big month. Matt and I celebrated 10 years of marriage, I said goodbye to my little brother, and we attended the Wild Goose Festival for the first time.



September: Back to school! Kiddo started 4th grade at a new arts-based school, I share my new found mud run knowledge that I haven't seen others share, and I start learning to cook my own lunches!




October: I learn about asking forgiveness, and being ok when it's not immediately given. I discover that Matt considers me a book abuser, and for some reason that really cuts me deep. Finally, during the adventures of an away Timbers game, I had an uncomfortable encounter, and a wonderful rescuer who has become a good friend along the way.





November: November I kind of dropped off the face of the blogging planet. As with many of us, the holiday season jumped out at me from behind a door and screamed "I'M HERE SUCKAAAAAAAAAA" in my face. However, one of my favorite posts from this last year came during November. The priceless emotion and buoyancy that encouragement from others can provide.




December: December on this blog is barren, a wasteland. December in my life? Most certainly not! I have a TON to share with you guys!! Kiddo turned the big 1-0, we all got to go to Las Vegas, and Matt and I were blessed with a second honeymoon...in Mexico! I will post on all of these very soon, of course with tons of pictures.


2012, you were a good year. We had our ups and downs, but all relationships have those, and we toughed it out. Having said goodbye to you, I welcome 2013 with open arms. I anticipate many grand adventures lie ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Adventure racing sounds like a blast! Anything that can be compared to The Amazing Race is sure to be fun.

    Yay for 2nd honeymoons! I hope to have one...some day! Glad

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind, fiercely!